This is the title
The National Animal Production Research Institute had a primordial beginning as Shika Cattle Stud farm in 1928 used for selecting indigenous breeds of bulls for breeding native herds. In 1954, research into sown pastures and range management commenced and in 1962 it became Shika Grassland Research Station under the Institute for Agricultural Research of the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. The Decree No 35 of August 27, 1973 and the Research Institutes (Establishment) order of November, 1975 gave birth to the National Animal Production Research Institute on July 1, 1976. The Institute is funded by and financially accountable to the Federal Government but administratively under the Ahmadu Bello University.